With a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Iceland, we know families and friends may want to come along to see their children perform in the fabulous Harpa Hall. We will not need parent chaperones, as these are provided by SAA personnel as part of the SCCPSS guidelines, so instead, we’ve organized a Companion Tour just for you.
- The tour company requires a minimum number of participants for the Companion Tour or it will be cancelled.
- The cost of the companion tour is the same as the Student Tour; $2,599.
- All payments are non-refundable, unless the entire tour is cancelled.
The required payment schedule is as follows:
Due by 3/2/17: $100 payable to SAA Choral Boosters (this will be the only payment made to SAA Choral Boosters – all following payments made to WorldStrides)
Due by 3/31/17: $300 due to WorldStrides
Balance of $2,199 payable to World Strides as follows:
11 payments of $199.91 every 30 days by automatic deduction from your bank account.
There are a few key differences in the Companion Tour:
- The companion tour does not include travel insurance but World Strides does offer it as an add-on to the tour. We STRONGLY suggest you purchase this.
- The companion tour is open to middle-school age children and above, though the cost for each child is the same as the cost for an adult. We have not inquired about children younger than middle-school as we have not had anyone ask about bring younger children.
- While the companion tour includes many of the same activities as the student tour, the schedules will likely be different so that you will probably not be enjoying these activities with your student. You will be present at all their concerts.
- You will not be allowed to pull your child out of their scheduled tour, as students may not leave the group for any reason, even with a parent or legal guardian.
- The SAA Choral Booster fundraising made available to the students is not available for the Companion tour.